Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90

Thread: Election Day

  1. #71
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Do you think it could be too a more closer to 50-50 race split in Norton? Not trying to be racist just realistic.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #72
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich_Kotite</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpdbuckeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Norton results are wicked.
    That's one person who made a difference. Say one person who voted for McCain votes for Obama. You then have a tie in Norton.
    Not saying Norton is some sort of a battleground or anything, just think its really interesting. </div></div>

    Norton has a difference of 2 votes yet McCain and Palin win the county by 4K votes. That shows Norton's views on race relations as opposed to the rest of the redneck towns in this area. The folks from Norton should be proud of themselves. </div></div>

    It is definitely something to be proud for the folks that live there.

    lpdbuckeye we should have canvassed a little more and maybe we would have given Norton the push. lol</div></div>

    No joke.
    Who would have thought it would have been /that/ close?
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  3. #73
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    They are who we thought they were.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think it could be too a more closer to 50-50 race split in Norton? Not trying to be racist just realistic. </div></div>

    Blacks are going to vote for black candidates-that's just the way it is. But I don't think Norton is 50% black.

  5. #75
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Im not saying it is, I am just saying there is a higher percentage per capita than any other location in Wise County. A big reason it was so close in Norton.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Well......we're officially screwed. Thanks America.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  7. #77
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Your welcome........The country is blue again, Thank God
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Hell yeah...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #79
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Fresh quote from Tom Brokaw:

    "From the time the first slave was offloaded..."

    I knew it couldn't be too long before that bullshit rhetoric started to flow.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #80
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im not saying it is, I am just saying there is a higher percentage per capita than any other location in Wise County. A big reason it was so close in Norton. </div></div>

    Not disagreeing. You're likely on the right track. But folks will holler than I'm prejudice (which I'm not). But it chaps my ass to no end for blacks to holler racism when I can't make a decision without being branded a racist. I didn't vote against Obama because he's black - I voted against him because he's marxist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •